Monday, April 22, 2013

Happy Birthday, Nolan Brady!

Oh Nolan,

Before you arrived I anticipated my heart would stretch a bit to accommodate loving two from my womb.  I never imagined how it would bubble up to the top and flood over the sides.  Nolan Brady, I can not even express the joy you bring to our family and how thrilled I am that you arrived three years ago today.




Since about the time your muscles learned to smile, you've been grinning ear to ear.


Auntie Sarah named you Mr. Congeniality of the family.  Is it any wonder why?!



You redefined terrible twos as terrific twos.  It's not that you never have your tired and whiny days, but  more often than not, you are bursting with love and gratitude for life.  You have taught me the power of "thank you."  I wish I could claim credit, but in this case, you have been the teacher, with your ever enthusiastic and unprompted thank yous.

Nana describes you as a lover.  It fits perfectly.  Like a few nights ago when you came down the stairs at bedtime to tell Daddy you needed to give him one more giant hug then back you went to bed.  Or how you constantly tell both of us you love us "berry, berry buch " (because rhyming is currently your favorite joke).  You respond with utmost enthusiasm to seeing people you love, like the last time I told you would see Maddy:  "Yes!  We get to see MADDY!  I LOVE Maddy!  She is my FAVORITE friend!"





I don't know how two introverted parents produced a social butterfly, but you are it.  You have decided the college student you have met twice at Daddy's games is your friend.  She became your "friend" after you stood there grinning slyly waiting for someone in the stands to notice you and smile back.  You love smiling at the people at the grocery store, and you will tell the bank teller about your entire weekend if given the chance.


You like to get the crowd to laugh, something I have no ability to relate to.  This is hilarious to watch in someone too young to know how to crack a joke.  You do a spin move and look for a reaction from a friend of mine you've just met.   You string rhyming words together or make up a nonsense song.  You dance for the crowd in the baseball stands.


Welcome to three, Nolan Brady.  So glad I get to be a witness to everything that makes you you.

We love you, all the way to the moon and back (a zillion times).

2 comments:

  1. Oh, how I love every bit of this!!!!!! Happy Birthday, Nolan Brady! We love you soooooo much! We are SOOOOO excited to celebrate with you in two days!!!! We love your heart and how you burst with joy for life!!! What a gift!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday Nolan! I miss you Kim

    ReplyDelete